Borders & Crossings
- Two brave artists and lovers rise to the challenge of speaking to us, and for us, about imminent passage from this life. By NOK&T.
- With Velazquez and Victorian cautionary tales in mind, a new show in London navigates the edge of wild culture.
- A young artist navigates the edge of culture and mythology in a new show in Berlin. By Ilona Cerowska.
- Our Bloomsday tribute: how a classic American comedy sketch playfully tortures language in a way Joyce would have appreciated.
- I’m not super into Afrobeat but there’s one Afrobeat artist that really gets to me. Click the video for a performance by Femi Anikulapo-Kuti. Seriously, watch it now. Then read below when you get back.See what I mean? His music’s got so much soul, it hurts. In a good way.