Movements & Communities
- Why the polling industry — and the media who are their clients — need to account for what they're telling us. By Eustace Mendis.
- Key findings from the survey conducted by the American Sustainable Business Council include:• Eighty-seven percent (87%) of business owners named one or more consequences of climate change as potentially harmful to their businesses. A majority (53%) said they were concerned about higher energy costs, 48 percent cited costs stemming from power outages due to stress on the power grid, and 37 percent cited a rise in health care costs.
- "I can't remember when I wasn't writing stories." An interview with a recent Nobel Prize winner.
- A new 10-part series on revamping how we live in city space. It's the future and you are there . . . in nature more than ever. By Daniel Crockett.
- Glasgow is a warm Harris tweed coat with pockets of surprise. The random events set up by passionate groups and individuals constantly explore the possibilities in the urban landscape — and add color to the experience of being a Glaswegian.