Politics & Power
- Digested thoughts on the politics of speed, by LA-based artist Martin Gantman.
- James McEnteer levels his sawn-off shotgun at the mass media.
- From dazzling nature writing to a history of psychiatry: what we're reading this month.
- Raucous laughter’s the last thing you’d expect at an event called “Executing Justice”
- An ex-Soviet icebreaker was recommissioned to circumnavigate the world in twenty-four hours at 88.7 degrees latitude, the heart of the arctic sea.
- Genuine power now operates above and beyond the old party-political system. It is no longer about “Democrat, Republican or Independent. It is something else.”
- Pondering the slow, lingering death of the pop-up.
- Crackling with the fury of the righteous: Steve Radlauer's e-pamphlet Townie Planet fizzes with humour and outrage, but is not without its problems.
- At some point in the future, advancements in technology will change civilisation to such an extent that humanity as we know it will cease to exist.