- For centuries, enterprising humans have sought to keep this beautiful and charismatic carnivore close but, uh, not too close. By Michael Engelhard.
- Tracking a Soviet cosmic star's latest trajectory — including some details that didn't get past the censor. By Herbert Wright.
- A discussion with Britain's top mountaineer on the motivations of madness.
- A new 10-part series on revamping how we live in city space. It's the future and you are there . . . in nature more than ever. By Daniel Crockett.
- CC O'Hanlon reflects on a life of rootlessness.
- The strange passion of modern sea-settlers.
- In the last of a three-part series for the Journal of Wild Culture, artist and writer Hestia Peppe begins the painful process of cataloguing, cleaning and moving on.
- In the second of a three-part series for the Journal of Wild Culture, artist and writer Hestia Peppe opens the door to a shared world of stuff and stories.