- In the first of a three-part series for the Journal of Wild Culture, artist and writer Hestia Peppe opens the door to a shared world of stuff and stories.
- The look on her face was more sentimental and less doctor-like at this point. She removed the specula from my vagina and closed my legs.
- He became less a figure of fear and more a subject of curiosity and mocking.
- I tried not to be offended when he’d casually suggest other people I should sleep with. By Sarah Lester.
- It shocks me to hear him describe our walk as a long distance. He’s only a few years older than me and his legs are so long.
- These hunched-over suits, broken and staring into monitors: these were not the brave advocates I had read about: they did not threaten governments and neck whiskey; they wrote letters about estate tax and sucked at their gums.
- I’d been looking for signs in his music taste, listening for encrypted messages in his own band’s lyrics.
- LONDON: Tom Jeffreys speaks to funeral director Poppy Mardall about reshaping our attitudes towards death.