Economics & Economies
- Pounding the pavement for his candidate in the US mid-terms, an ardent canvasser sees a better way. By Fred Fiske.
- Key findings from the survey conducted by the American Sustainable Business Council include:• Eighty-seven percent (87%) of business owners named one or more consequences of climate change as potentially harmful to their businesses. A majority (53%) said they were concerned about higher energy costs, 48 percent cited costs stemming from power outages due to stress on the power grid, and 37 percent cited a rise in health care costs.
- ,If all the pension fund managers got together and agreed . . . the future could be a whole lot different. By Kaj Embrén.
- ,The first in our collaborative series by members and readers. "Though it was lucky, the council hadn’t bricked up our fire . . ." By Heidi James.
- BOOKS: Herbert Wright responds to Stephen Emmott's pessimistic view of the future of humanity.
- STOCKHOLM: Kaj Embrén on the ecological consequences of our actions.
- COMMENTARY: Kaj Embren on how the Swedes use their political will for the good of all
- LONDON: Tom Jeffreys on the latest blockbuster at Tate Britain.
- STOCKHOLM: Kaj Embrén on the causes of Sweden's recent riots.