Movements & Communities
- Pounding the pavement for his candidate in the US mid-terms, an ardent canvasser sees a better way. By Fred Fiske.
- SPWC members work together to share work on an important seasonal border crossing.
- Why the polling industry — and the media who are their clients — need to account for what they're telling us. By Eustace Mendis.
- Key findings from the survey conducted by the American Sustainable Business Council include:• Eighty-seven percent (87%) of business owners named one or more consequences of climate change as potentially harmful to their businesses. A majority (53%) said they were concerned about higher energy costs, 48 percent cited costs stemming from power outages due to stress on the power grid, and 37 percent cited a rise in health care costs.
- "I can't remember when I wasn't writing stories." An interview with a recent Nobel Prize winner.